Supply Update: We have select lesson slots available as early as this week. Peak time lessons are still booking out 6-8 weeks in select locations. We are continuing to add staff that meet and exceed our high standards of service and education and hope to be fully staffed by year end. Thank you for your patience and understanding.


Driver's Ed for Boarding School Students

The Next Street is the Best Driving School in New England and still the Best Driving School for Connecticut Boarding Schools! For over a decade, we have been helping boarding school students get their license during the school year instead of trying to cram the licensing process into summer or winter break.

We understand that the life of a boarding school student is complex and we're here to make the process easy. All boarding school students (in state, out of state and International!) are eligible to get a Connecticut Driver's License using their boarding school address. Once licensed, students can maintain their license in CT, or transfer it when they return home.

We go to great lengths to make sure that the entire licensing process is smooth and never takes away from the full schedule boarding school students have. Students pick their own classroom and driving lesson schedules so that Driver's Ed doesn't interfere with their academic or extracurricular commitments. Simply put, our program is the easiest way for boarding school students to obtain their Driver's License.

PLEASE NOTE: This course fulfills the requirement for a CT Driver’s License only. If necessary, please consult your local DMV for laws about transferring a CT license to your state.

Permit Checklist

Out of State & International Students

Boarding school students can complete our program and receive their Connecticut Driver's License using their school address, regardless of their state or country of origin. Once licensed, students can maintain their license in CT, or transfer it when they return home.